Monday 5 December 2011

Allotments No 19 - Law and Allotments - No1

First dip into the law of allotments. What a mess - or so it seems. I suppose there are some individuals who understand all of it. Questions arise from time to time and seem to get answered by lawyers and "barrack" lawyers.

I must admit the law of allotments is interesting enough for me to wish I had more time to devote to the subject. As a result of reading this series of posts I shall hope to have clearer understanding of the subject but very few definitive answers to the questions I have heard posed or I have pondered in the past.

Questions I have include:
  • What is an allotment?
  • Can an allotmenteer sell his/her produce?
  • Why is the growing of trees restricted?
  • If an allotmenteer is evicted, can he/she claim compensation?
The second post will consider: "What is an allotment?"

No comments:

Post a Comment